Benefits of Hemp Oil for Weight Loss
CBD or cannabidiol is one of more than a hundred compounds in the Cannabis plant, called cannabinoids. Human beings have used the Cannabis plant since at least the third millennium BC, and yet some restrictions date back to the 14th Century. We have been deprived of the incredible benefits of cannabinoids because of long-standing stigma and misunderstanding about its use.
The most famous compound is THC. However, unlike THC, CBD is not psychoactive; it does not make you feel high. Despite not being psychoactive, it still has incredible health benefits. And while research is still in its infancy, researchers have found that it has a role in treating things like epilepsy, obesity, cancer, heart disease, anxiety disorders, metabolic disorders, and chronic pain.
Various forms of CBD exist, including hemp oil, edibles, sprays, and supplements. Here, we will discuss the best way to take CBD for weight loss and how CBD interacts with your body to help you reduce your body weight. There are many scientific studies about CBD and weight loss and we have done thorough research to back up our claims. We don't make grand claims without the stuff to back it up, and we will discuss the limitations of CBD and hemp seed oil for weight loss.
What Does Hemp Seed Oil Do For You?
Hemp oil, hemp seed oil, or CBD oil are all the same thing. It is an oil that is made from the seeds of the hemp plant. Hemp oil is a popular way of consuming CBD and has many health benefits. It contains essential polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs), including omega-3s and omega 6s. These healthy fats make CBD oil particularly good for treating skin conditions and inflammation.
Getting enough healthy fat in your diet is important, and hemp seed oil can certainly give you a helping hand. Fatty Acids, including Omega 3s and omega 6s, are good at treating inflammation as well as skin conditions, including:
However, you are not here to learn about how hemp seed oil helps skin conditions. You want to know about hemp seed oil and its role in helping you reduce your body weight. As we will discuss below, CBD is a powerful addition to any weight loss plan and has the potential to help you burn more fat, reduce your appetite, give you more energy, and boost your metabolism. However, hemp seed oil or CBD oil for weight loss may not be the most efficient method to consume CBD.
What is The Best Way to Take CBD For Weight Loss?
The benefits of hemp seed oil are numerous. It may help various skin conditions and inflammation and is a healthy way to consume essential fatty acids.
However, when it comes to cannabidiol for weight loss, based on our research, the best way to consume it is in the form of a capsule. This is because you can take a targeted amount of CBD in a high concentration. (4)
When you swallow CBD or add it to your food intake, you lose some benefits, and that's because your stomach is not the best place to absorb CBD. The best place is actually the small intestine, as this will prevent your stomach acid from destroying some of the good stuff. (5)
With a capsule, the CBD will make its way to the small intestine where absorption rates are highest, and it will enter your system over a long period of time. Allowing you to take and absorb a more optimum dosage for weight loss and experience the full range of health benefits, from higher energy levels to a more effective metabolism.
But with so many products on the market, how can you know which is best for your health?
The market is flooded with subpar CBD products. CBD is an expensive ingredient, so products often contain only a small amount of CBD and make up the rest of the product with harmful ingredients. You need to make sure you are consuming an all-natural product from a trusted manufacturer who has optimized the doses for your health and metabolic functions.
That is why we recommend Shred CBD. Each capsule contains 20mg of 99% pure CBD isolate, in addition, to bother proven fat burners, Green Tea Extract, and Garcinia Cambogia. The ingredient list is transparent. It is all-natural and clinically dosed. It has been specially formulated to aid weight loss and metabolic functions and is made in a cGMP approved facility within the United States.
ShredCBD has been designed for weight loss. Each capsule contains 20mg of CBD isolate, and it is recommended that you take 2 per day. At this dose, CBD may improve your metabolism, give you more energy, help your body burn stubborn fat, and reduce your appetite.
CBD products are legal on the federal level, so long as they contain less than 0.3% THC. ShredCBD contains under 0.1%. At this level, you should not feel any of the psychoactive effects.
It also contains Garcinia Cambodia and Green Tea extract. Green tea is one of the most common natural weight loss ingredients, famed for its antioxidant effects; its benefits are well researched. (6) Garcinia Cambodia is also well researched and aids the biosynthesis of fatty acids. (7)
An all-natural CBD weight loss supplement, with additional ingredients to give you that extra push. It has been reviewed by numerous people who have seen great results, you can see more here.
CBD for Weight Loss, How Does it Work?
You might associate Cannabis users with over-eating. Smoking Cannabis can indeed induce hunger; this is often called 'the munchies.' However, this is because of THC, CBD will not have this effect. In fact, one of its side effects is that it may help reduce hunger.
Strangely, despite smoking cannabis, often leading to devouring big bags of crisps and large bars of chocolate, frequent Cannabis users often have less fat than those who don't. (8) It turns out that this could be because of the health advantages of CBD.
But how is this possible?
Your body has an innate endocannabinoid system that interacts with cannabinoids through cannabinoid receptors, CB1, and CB2.
CB2 receptors are located throughout the entire body, including the liver, spleen, and immune cells. CB1 receptors are located in the brain and central nervous system. These receptors interact with CBD and have some incredible effects including weight loss, energy levels, and healthy metabolic functions.
CBD Helps Your Body Burn Fat
One of the most impressive ways CBD can aid weight loss is by helping your body get rid of stubborn fat. Studies show that CBD works with your endocannabinoid system to turn white adipose tissue, or 'white fat,' into brown adipose tissue, or 'brown fat.' (9)
Brown fat is contained in small droplets with a high concentration of mitochondria. Your body uses this to generate heat, promoting the burning away of the fat, removing it as waste. On the other hand, white fat is contained in large droplets and is linked to many chronic conditions such as diabetes and heart disease.
CBD Improves Exercise Performance
When you are trying to lose fat, diet is the most important thing. You must consume fewer calories than you burn. However, exercise also helps to burn calories while at the same time improving your mood and energy levels and helping you to stay on track.
CBD has become a popular supplement in the health and fitness world, from long-distance runners to bodybuilders. This is because it has anti-inflammatory properties and pain-relieving side effects. Studies show that CBD is effective at reducing pain. (10) As a result, you will be able to work out harder and longer, with less time needed to recover. This will allow you to work out more effectively and burn more calories as a result.
CBD and Yoga are also trending amongst yogis, with claims that it can help you get into the right mindset and gain more from your practice.
CBD Improves Sleep
When you are deprived of sleep or sleep is hindered by insufficient time in various sleep cycles, it can increase your appetite and make you crave the type of food you are trying to avoid. (11)
On the other hand, when you get the right amount of high-quality sleep, you feel better and more motivated to make good decisions about your lifestyle.
A study from 2016 found that CBD aids your sleep and encourages more REM sleep. (12) REM sleep is restorative. It is related to memory and learning, which is integral if you are trying to make important lifestyle changes. If you are not getting enough REM sleep, you could be left feeling fatigued, even after spending 8 hours in bed.
Better sleep means more energy, and more energy will allow you to make good decisions about your food intake, and you will be more motivated to exercise.
CBD is an Appetite Suppressant
Smoking Cannabis induces feelings of hunger and is associated with a high food intake. This is because of another compound in Cannabis called tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Although all CBD products will come with a trace of THC, if taking a supplement for weight loss, you should choose a product with minimum amounts of THC.
On the other hand, CBD works with the body endocannabinoid system to block CB1 receptors leading to a reduction in your appetite. A 2018 study explored how CBD can help people shed fat, including reducing appetite and turning white fat into brown fat. (13)
CBD Reduces Stress
People worldwide are attributing CBD with better mental health, in particular, a reduction in anxiety. This has to do with how CBD affects the brain's sensitivity to cortisol.
Cortisol is the stress hormone, and when your adrenal glands produce too much of it, your brain sends a signal to tell it to stop. This is because too much cortisol is damaging to your body and can lead to inflammation and anxiety. It also leads to a drop in blood sugar, which makes people crave sugary and fatty food. (14)
However, if you are stressed over a prolonged period, your brain becomes desensitized to cortisol and fails to stop its production, leading to chronic stress and anxiety.
Luckily, CBD enhances the brain's ability to detect cortisol, and as a result, it will once again stop the production of the stress hormone.
Apart from stress being related to food cravings, it is also detrimental to lifestyle change. If you are stressed, you are more likely to give in to your bad habits.
CBD Improves Your Metabolism
The endocannabinoid system stimulates areas of the body involved with metabolic functions, including the pancreas, gastrointestinal tract, and skeletal muscles. CBD interferes with CB1 and CB2 receptors and assists the absorption of food and digestion.
Studies show that an overstimulated endocannabinoid system can lead to obesity and insulin resistance. When the CB1 receptor is overstimulated, it can increase the likelihood of metabolic disorders, high blood pressure, and obesity. But CBD works to block this receptor and therefore improves your metabolism. (15)
CBD for Weight Loss, The Limitations.
Although CBD has some amazing properties and can help people to lose weight by making it easier to burn fat, increase energy, reducing appetite, easing stress, and improving sleep, it is not without its limitations,
When it comes to fat loss, there is no substitute for a good diet. When you eat less than you burn, you will lose weight. And if you incorporate exercise, then even better.
That being said, CBD may be the push you need to improve your mind frame and help you stick to your habits while also making it easier for your body to get rid of stubborn fat.
Another important consideration is that not all weight loss products are created equal. You need to be careful not to choose a product with a very low concentration of CBD or contain harmful fillers or additives. Be kind to your body, and your body will be kind to you!
Hemp seed oil has amazing properties that can be especially beneficial for skin conditions, or if you are looking to include more fatty acids into your diet. However, when it comes to the benefits of hemp oil for weight loss, there is a more effective way to consume CBD.
CBD capsules provide you with a targeted dose, which can be better absorbed by the body so that you can fully benefit from the properties of CBD.
CBD capsules interact with your body's natural endocannabinoid system, which has numerous functions within the body. This gives CBD the power to make you feel better, with more energy, so that you can better stick to your diet. While at the same time reducing your appetite and improving your metabolism.
But perhaps the most impressive aspect of CBD is its ability to shift that stubborn white fat into healthy brown fat or brown adipose tissue. This process generates heat and helps your body to burn the fat away.
If you are looking for a quality CBD product, we recommend Shred CBD. It contains 20mg of hemp CBD, with less than 0.1% THC, as well as additional fat burners. It is clinically dosed with all-natural ingredients to give you the push you need to make lasting changes.
- Oláh, A., Tóth, B. I., Borbíró, I., Sugawara, K., Szöllõsi, A. G., Czifra, G., Pál, B., Ambrus, L., Kloepper, J., Camera, E., Ludovici, M., Picardo, M., Voets, T., Zouboulis, C. C., Paus, R., & Bíró, T. (2014). Cannabidiol exerts sebostatic and antiinflammatory effects on human sebocytes. The Journal of clinical investigation, 124(9), 3713–3724. https://doi.org/10.1172/JCI64628
- Callaway, J., Schwab, U., Harvima, I., Halonen, P., Mykkänen, O., Hyvönen, P., & Järvinen, T. (2005). Efficacy of dietary hempseed oil in patients with atopic dermatitis. The Journal of dermatological treatment, 16(2), 87–94. https://doi.org/10.1080/09546630510035832
- Millsop, J. W., Bhatia, B. K., Debbaneh, M., Koo, J., & Liao, W. (2014). Diet and psoriasis, part III: role of nutritional supplements. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, 71(3), 561–569. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaad.2014.03.016
- Birnbaum, AK, Karanam, A, Marino, SE, et al. Food effect on pharmacokinetics of cannabidiol oral capsules in adult patients with refractory epilepsy. Epilepsia. 2019; 60: 1586– 1592. https://doi.org/10.1111/epi.16093
- Dvora Izgelov, Michael Freidman, Amnon Hoffman, Investigation of cannabidiol gastro retentive tablets based on regional absorption of cannabinoids in rats, European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Volume 152, 2020, Pages 229-235, ISSN 0939-6411, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejpb.2020.05.010.
- Hursel, R., Viechtbauer, W., & Westerterp-Plantenga, M. S. (2009). The effects of green tea on weight loss and weight maintenance: a meta-analysis. International journal of obesity (2005), 33(9), 956–961. https://doi.org/10.1038/ijo.2009.135
- Chuah, L. O., Ho, W. Y., Beh, B. K., & Yeap, S. K. (2013). Updates on Antiobesity Effect of Garcinia Origin (-)-HCA. Evidence-based complementary and alternative medicine : eCAM, 2013, 751658. https://doi.org/10.1155/2013/751658
- Le Strat, Y., & Le Foll, B. (2011). Obesity and cannabis use: results from 2 representative national surveys. American journal of epidemiology, 174(8), 929–933. https://doi.org/10.1093/aje/kwr200
- Parray, H.A., Yun, J.W. Cannabidiol promotes browning in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Mol Cell Biochem 416, 131–139 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11010-016-2702-5
- Russo E. B. (2008). Cannabinoids in the management of difficult to treat pain. Therapeutics and clinical risk management, 4(1), 245–259. https://doi.org/10.2147/tcrm.s1928
- Nedeltcheva, A. V., Kilkus, J. M., Imperial, J., Schoeller, D. A., & Penev, P. D. (2010). Insufficient sleep undermines dietary efforts to reduce adiposity. Annals of internal medicine, 153(7), 435–441. https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-153-7-201010050-00006
- Pava, M. J., Makriyannis, A., & Lovinger, D. M. (2016). Endocannabinoid Signaling Regulates Sleep Stability. PloS one, 11(3), e0152473. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0152473
- Rossi, F., Punzo, F., Umano, G. R., Argenziano, M., & Miraglia Del Giudice, E. (2018). Role of Cannabinoids in Obesity. International journal of molecular sciences, 19(9), 2690. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms19092690
- Abraham, S. B., Rubino, D., Sinaii, N., Ramsey, S., & Nieman, L. K. (2013). Cortisol, obesity, and the metabolic syndrome: a cross-sectional study of obese subjects and review of the literature. Obesity (Silver Spring, Md.), 21(1), E105–E117. https://doi.org/10.1002/oby.20083
- Pagotto, U., Vicennati, V., & Pasquali, R. (2005). The endocannabinoid system and the treatment of obesity. Annals of medicine, 37(4), 270–275. https://doi.org/10.1080/07853890510037419